Insight with Better Connected
Our Insight subscription service undertakes research into topical issues related to the management of information and technology and policy-related matters in the local public sector. We produce publications, briefings and events, all aiming to provide up to date guidance and help in planning for the future.
The subscription covers the calendar year. You can take out Socitm Insight subscriptions out at any time in the year and will immediately receive all reports and briefings that have been produced for the year to date. Insight includes the Better Connected Service.
All reports and briefings are provided in the Insight Knowledge Hub Group in years. Please note acess is restricted to paying organisations.
You will need a Socitm account on this website to use the fast access from the dashboard. Create an account.
Council managers who missed the ‘ShareDigital 2015’ event in July have another opportunity to benefit from peer experience in Socitm’s latest briefing Catch-up on ShareDigital 2015: too useful to have missed?
The ShareDigital 2015 event (run in London on 9 July) featured 50 ‘share sessions’ – informal presentations and roundtables on topics submitted by delegates that provided multiple opportunities for other delegates to hear about their digital successes, issues and experiences.
Five of the 50 stepped forward to present ‘quickfire’ insights at the end of the day, and these have been gathered in a briefing which also points readers to links to further reading and materials on the topics covered.
Catch-up on ShareDigital 2015: too useful to have missed? is available free of charge to Socitm corporate members and Insight subscribers.
- Authoritative commentary and well-informed advice
- Quick access into best practice of all aspects of ICT management
- Practical approaches for dealing with new issues
- Key message presented simply and clearly for busy managers
- Material that can be quickly used for meetings, workshops and seminars
Please note that the prices below are for organisations with at least one member. Any organisations without members will pay around 30% more. Public sector membership costs just £100.
Prices shown below are exclusive of VAT and based on:
- Net current revenue expenditure for Public and Third Sector
- Number of employees for Private Sector
SPP's can upgrade to full Insight service for the following cost:
- Band 1 - £519.25
- Band 2 - £860.25
- Band 3 - £1371.75
||Corporate members||One or more members||All others|
|Public or Third Sector Band 1 - under £20m||Free||£670||£871|
|Public or Third Sector Band 2 - £20m or over||Free||£890||£1157|
|Public or Third Sector Band 3 - £100m or over||Free||£1110||£1443|
|Public or Third Sector Band 4 - £200m or over||Free||£1330||£1729|
|Public or Third Sector Band 5 - £400m or over||Free||£1550||£2015|
|Public or Third Sector Band 6 - £1000m or over||Free||£1770||£2301|
|Private Sector Band 1 - 10 or fewer employees||Free||£670||£1273|
|Private Sector Band 2 - 11 to 50 employees||Free||£1110||£2109|
|Private Sector Band 3 - over 50 employees||Free||£1770||£3363|
- Research and reports widely acclaimed for clarity, relevance and readability.
- Online access to our research and allied resources
- A range of benchmarking activities to improve performance
- Workshops and seminars to introduce new products and disseminate advice
Find out more
- Better connected 2015
- Toward Digital Council - Better connected 2015 Executive Briefing
- Flexible and mobile working - 'I should CoCo!’
- Living with austerity - making hard choices for ICT investment
All reports are provided in the Insight Knowledge Hub Group in years.
Insight topical briefings
Issue 79: Catch-up on ShareDigital 2015: too useful to have missed? July 2015
On 9 July, a difficult day for public transport, 170 delegates from all parts of the UK overcame the hurdles of coming into central London for an event designed to share experiences about digital. Their commitment was rewarded with a very stimulating day. In particular, those who stayed on to the final session at 4.30 were rewarded.
- Issue 78: Sentiment analysis: a useful technique? June 2015
- Issue 77: Better connected intranets: is this now, at last, the time to engage? May 2015
- Issue 76: Your ICT governance: fit for purpose in times of austerity? April 2015
- Issue 75: Demand management: a role for the ICT function? March 2015
All briefings are provided in the Insight Knowledge Hub Group in years.