Better connected previews #3: planning
Tuesday 5th February 2013
Socitm Insight has produced a summary of reviewers' comments on the quality of presentation of planning services on UK council websites. This has been published ahead of the launch of Better connected
Summaries concerning six other local authority service areas are being published on a weekly basis over the coming weeks.
The reviewers' comments describe the overall experience of objecting to a planning application online. This meant finding answers to questions like:
- 'Does the planning landing page link me directly to this task?'
- 'Does the site provide comprehensive information about commenting on a planning application?
- 'When viewing a current application, am I informed that I can comment on it?'
- 'Is it clear that any comments I submit will be published, along with my name, and available for inspection by any interested party?'
- 'Can I sign up to receive an e-mail alert when new applications are made in my area?'
The summary of reviewers' comments can be found on the Better connected 2013 page.
The Better connected report for 2013 will be published on 1 March on Socitm's website, and can be accessed free of charge by any employee of a council that subscribes to Socitm Insight. View the list of subscribers.
Non-subscribers can buy a copy of the printed report.