CPD is a key membership feature for many professional bodies and below is an overview of Socitm's new CPD scheme and the benefits it can bring to you and your organisation.
What is CPD?
There are many definitions of CPD but one that many professional bodies, including Socitm, has adopted is: "CPD is the means by which professionals maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge and skills and develop the personal qualities required in their working lives"
Why is CPD Important?
No longer viewed as a 'points gaining' exercise, CPD is now seen as part of life-long learning that helps the individual to develop, enhance and maintain their professionalism - valuable to both an employee and employer.
Who should enrol?
- Anyone with Socitm post nominals will need to undertake regular CPD
- Any member who wants to develop, enhance and maintain their professionalism.
What are the benefits of CPD to you & your employer?
CPD benefits you the individual:
- Reflects the breadth of your career across your discipline
- Gives you wider recognition outside your specific discipline or sector
- Builds confidence and credibility, you can see your progression by tracking your learning
- Helps you achieve your career goals by focussing on your training and development
- Be more productive and efficient by reflecting on your learning and highlighting gaps in your knowledge and experience.
CPD benefits your employer:
- Gives assurance of the competence and professionalism of employees
- Enables employers to show customers their staff are practising at the highest level
- Promotes staff development and helps them consciously apply learning to their role and the organisation's development
- Staff appraisals - helps employees focus their achievements throughout the year.
What does it cost ...
It is free for to undertake CPD but you must be a Socitm member.
How do you enrol?
To find out more about enrolling onto Socitm's CPD scheme, please email email@example.com
Find out more ...
Download the Socitm's CPD hand book.
Find out more about Socitm's membership services;
Benefits of Membership
Whatever stage you're at in your ICT career, we are here to provide guidance and development support to all our members ...
For organisations wishing to simplify the administration and management of employees' Socitm memberships ...
Organisation Membership (Public & Third Sector)
Corporate Membership (Private Sector)