Socitm - Society of Information Technology Management
Socitm promotes the effective and efficient use of information Technology in Local Government and the Public Sector. To do this the society provides a range of tools and services for its members. It was founded in 1986 as the professional association for ICT managers working in and for the public sector.
Find out more about Socitm
Socitm's key services
- Socitm Insight - A subscription service that undertakes research into best practice in order to help subscribers improve their organisations through technology.
- Socitm Consulting - A management consultancy focused on providing business transformation for the public and independent sectors.
- Socitm Learning - Draws on the knowledge and expertise of the wider Socitm family including Insight to bring up-to-date learning experiences specifically tailored for local government, the public sector and the Society's expanding membership.
Socitm membership is a paid service which:
- Gives access at member prices to high added-value products and services from Socitm
- Gives eligibility to attend regional meetings and network with others
- Gives access to contact details of all members to facillitate networking
- Much more...
Clicking on a top-level category link will display a page with a tabbed navigation box at the top, as well as a summary of that section.
Items within a tabbed navigation box link to pages or further subsections within that area of the website. Pages are represented by a blue 'page' icon. Further subsections (or categories) are represented with a yellow folder icon.
The second tab of the tabbed navigation box links to related items from different areas of the website (downloads, events, forms, meetings, news, etc.). For instance, the East region might be running events. These events will be linked as such in the related items area on the East regional pages.
Information such as news, events, downloads and key tasks are fed through to all pages of the website in the left hand navigation menu and the footer. All items are up-to-date and often directly related to the content you're viewing.
These navigation boxes make browsing through different areas under the same topic much easier and seamless.
If there's anything which you can't find within the navigation bar, the search box is at the top of every page. For more complex queries using advanced operators, we have a separate Search site utilising a Google Mini search appliance.
For a more structured method of navigating the website, use our site map.
User access to restricted content
Some content has restricted access requiring either a current Socitm Membership or Socitm Insight Subscription (depending on the content type) and requires you to sign in with a relevant subscription or membership profile. If you are unsure of your membership/subscription status check your profile once signed in. If you have a query on your sign in password or your access levels email firstname.lastname@example.org.